It’s disgusting when running programs suddenly not responding in your computer running on Windows operating system which sometimes render the app or computer unusable sometimes at that particular time which can may result to lots of data, in some cases you will be forced to force shut down the PC by pressing and holding the power button which might crash down your HDD. I have taken time to write this article in brief here on this blog which will work you through the various techniques on how to force close non responding programs that hang up on your computer without having the mindset of force shutting the computer down neither pulling out the power source.
To get started below are some of the reasons for the frequent unresponsive program in your PC
- Installing third-party programs from an unknown source which might contain some malicious element which will make an app to misbehave while in use.
- Running too many programs at a time on a PC with low capacity of CPU and Random Access Memory (RAM) will overpower your processor and will result in hanging up/unresponsive program
- Virus and Worm in your computer contribute to frequent hanged up of a program, in some cases, your whole computer will hang up which required you to use your some combination keys to get rid of the mess.
- Running a program that consumes much RAM and CPU usage leads to unresponsive program issue as a result of the CPU not able to accumulate the pressure or been overloaded by a task or program in question especially computers with a low and outdated processor.
SINCE YOU NOW KNOW THE CAUSES OF UNRESPONSIVE PROGRAM, IT IS SETTING WE CAN NOW ACTUALLY DIVE INTO THE DEAL FOR THE DAY
How To Force Close A Non Responding Program In PC (Personal Computer)
On this article, i will be teaching with CorelDraw graphics program as an illustration of a running app which suddenly became unresponsive in Microsoft windows OS (AKA PC). Let’s put it this way, You where working with your CorelDraw program or any other program and suddenly hanged up, (Note; we are using CorelDraw Program as illustration) You tried closing by clicking the close button with “X” symbol or even using the combination keys of ALT + F4 but to no avail and maybe also find out that your Pc as also hanged up, don’t panic, don’t even think of force shutting down your PC it might crash up of your Hard disk drive (HDD) as usually said you are killing up your computer gradually, all you just have to is to kindly press the combinations key’s of CTRL+SHIFT+ ESC
On the next screen
kindly wait patiently for your PC to display the task manager dialog box which you will always see at the top left side of your screen, click on the particular programme you want to force close that hanged up earlier, on this lesson we are using CorelDraw as illustration so we are closing CorelDraw from the image below, click end task (you will find it at the lower right side of the task manager windows) see image below on closing CorelDraw from task manager on windows 8.
In addition, you can press the combination keys CTRL + SHIFT + DEL to also access the task manager, it’s highly recommended to use this tool if your computer hanged up totally
SUMMARY ON HOW TO FORCE CLOSE A NON RESPONDING PROGRAM
- hit the combination keys of CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
- Click on the program showing not responding to be highlighted
- Click end task at the lower right-hand side of the task manager screen
- Windows will automatically force quit the unresponsive program. (Note you might lose data from the program, i.e. if you where designing a company logo on CorelDraw, the program suddenly became unresponsive then you force close the program, if you haven’t saved the early version of the logo design earlier before the incident you will lose your work and have to start again that’s while according to me frequent saving is recommended).
Here you get it, how to force close a non responding or unresponsive program in windows. Feel free to drop your contribution, Suggestion or question on the comment session below.
Don’t forget to share this. Sharing is loving!